I'm currently training for the Brighton Marathon on April 18th, and raising some money for Water Aid in the process. This blog is my diary of the ups and downs of my training over the past few months.

I hope that you'll stick around, and please sponsor me! It's a genuinely great cause, and any encouragement and support I can get will be invaluable in keeping me going through this last stretch of training and on the day itself.

FINISHED I managed to finish the race. Thanks a lot to everyone who supported me through it.


Thursday 8 April 2010

Water Aid




Pics from wateraid.org

I've been looking through the info material that Water Aid sent out as part of my sponsorship, and cruising around on their website this morning. The work they do is pretty staggering. Living without clean water or sanitation would definitely not be cool. I'm actually very proud to have chosen to run for Water Aid (or rather, I will be when I finish the run...).

A lot of people have been kind enough to sponsor me so far, and to them I say BIG THANKS. If you haven't sponsored me yet, please do and please have a look online at where the dosh is going.

Here's a bit about projects in Malawi, where only 15 percent of the rural population have access to a latrine:


http://www.wateraid.org/uk/what_we_do/where_we_work/malawi/default.asp

And there's a link to my online sponsorship page at the top of my blog.

Only 10 days to go now...

No comments:

Post a Comment