I'm currently training for the Brighton Marathon on April 18th, and raising some money for Water Aid in the process. This blog is my diary of the ups and downs of my training over the past few months.

I hope that you'll stick around, and please sponsor me! It's a genuinely great cause, and any encouragement and support I can get will be invaluable in keeping me going through this last stretch of training and on the day itself.

FINISHED I managed to finish the race. Thanks a lot to everyone who supported me through it.


Wednesday 24 March 2010

Tapering off...



On a more serious note, I'm feeling relatively good. I've upped my run load without too much discomfort to my knee, and I feel fit in general.

But, I got my latest email update from the Brighton Marathon organisers today, telling me (as is the generally held wisdom) that I should now be 'tapering off' my training, leaving me fresh and spritely come race morn.
'Last long runs no later than this coming Sunday' I am enthusiastically told. I should have my mileage safely on board by now. Umm...

This is probably the trickiest point for me now: getting the balance right between doing a few more distance runs so that I'm actually capable of running far enough, and avoiding further injuries from over-doing it and upping mileage too quickly, while leaving myself rested enough for the actual day.

My longest trip so far hit about 13 miles, on sunday, so I guess it's not too bad.


Another long one in the morning...

It'll be fine! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment